Diagnostic Veterinary Services
Animal Family Veterinary Care Center offers a full range of diagnostic services for your pet’s good health. Just as your doctor may order tests for you to determine the best treatment, we can perform various checks on your pet to help us provide the most appropriate care.
Our in-house veterinary diagnostics include:
- Digital radiography uses x-rays to produce images of bones. We send them to a radiologist to read and interpret.
- Digital dental radiography is just like the x-rays that are done on people to determine if there are any problems with teeth.
- Emergency blood testing, including blood gases gives us valuable information on levels of several components in the blood and can help pinpoint causes of health problems.
- Blood pressure is a major vital sign we use to diagnose health problems and that we monitor to make sure your pet is responding well during surgical and dental procedures.
- Ultrasound is non-invasive imaging system that compliments x-rays and allows better visualization of internal organs in the abdomen and chest. It is painless and usually does not require sedation or anesthesia. Ultrasound can also be used to guide biopsies of organs or tumors and obtain samples such as free floating fluid within the abdominal cavity or urine from the bladder.
- Cytology or blood tests check for disease at the cellular level.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) recording of the way your pet’s heart is working can be done in house with leads sent to the cardiologist to read.
- Fecal/cytology smears can reveal parasites and illnesses so that we may treat them quickly and effectively.